- Do a short unit of nutrition, prepare a meal together, and start a food fight with the leftovers.
- Study pioneer history and go cold turkey from all electronic devices for the weekend.
- Look up architecture examples and sleep in a homemade wigwam overnight.
- Do a simple economics study and pay for all your day’s purchases in pennies.
- Do all your schoolwork in a dark closet or underneath quilts —with a flashlight.
- Come up with your own fun idea that has your name and family’s particulars all over it!
Karen Costello – Family Relationships
A veteran homeschooler of 30 years, Karen has been married 37 years,has 4 children (three of whom are grown,married and have already started homeschooling their own children) and is still teaching her 16 year old. Karen has written a book, “Go Fly a Kite: Ten Surprising Strategies For Success in Your Homeschool” which was featured in WORLD magazine.She has educated a doctor, a nurse, and an accountant, but cannot balance her own checkbook and is queasy at the sight of blood.She loves encouraging homeschooling moms in their marriages, their child-training, and in their time management. Visit Karen’s website for her blog, homeschooling resources and parenting tips.